Partners in the ProjectAlfonso@IESPlayamar
The Partners Schools in our Erasmus+ Project, “Entreprenurial Mindset for Successful Life”, are:
|Akad. Boyan Petkanchin|
|Lycée Léonard De Vinci|
|IIS Della Corte Vanvitelli|
IES Playamar is a Bilingual Secondary and High School situated in Torremolinos, in the south of Spain.
Our town is a place of great cultural riches and our School is a reflection of these riches. Students of more than thirty different nationalities and backgrounds study in the School. This cultural diversity has always worked as an asset for the acquisition of long life learning skills, turning our school into a unique multicultural centre.
Our School was founded in 1998 as a small School that only offered compulsory secondary studies. This current school year it is attended by 960 students at the ages of 12 to 20 years and the following studies are offered:
- Bilingual compulsory secondary studies. These studies are divided in four schools years. In the last year students can choose between two different options: a scientific option and a social science option. Both options work on foreign languages English and French up to level B1 in the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
As a bilingual School some of our curriculum is provided in English. The subjects that are currently taught in English are History and Geography, Biology, Physics and Chemistry, Maths and Arts.
- Non-compulsory secondary education. Our school offers two different options:
- a) Baccalaureate. We have four itineraries: Health Science, Technological, Socio-economic sciences, and Humanities.
- b) Vocational training in two levels.
b.1) Two options for intermediate level vocational training are available: Electro-mechanic of motor vehicles (“Electromecánica de vehículos automóviles”) and Micro-computing systems and computer networks (“Sistemas microinformáticos y redes”)
b.2) Basic professional training in computing. This two-years course allows students who are 16 years old or older and do not have a Secondary Education Certificate to obtain a professional training.
Within the most relevant goals of the school we can single out the following ones:
- Providing our students with learning experience that prepares them to play an active role as responsible citizens.
We participate in several programmes organized by the Government of Andalusia (Junta de Andalucía), such as:
- a) “Schools, Places of Peace” programme. We have been awarded with several Official Institutional distinctions on “Positive Communal Living and Team Building” for our work on this programme.
- b) “Environmental Education” programme. We have been participating in different projects within this programme and we collaborate with the town council in areas such as recycling.
- c) Long life Habits programme (“Forma Joven”).
- d) “Cinema Classroom” (“Aula de Cine”).
We also offer to our students educational coaching.
- Using new technologies in our teaching methodology and providing our students with high-level skills in the use of new information and communication technologies.
Our School is equipped with computers, SMART boards, presentation equipment and Wi-Fi. A large number of teachers participate in Working Groups in order to develop further skills in innovative educational technologies.
In the same vein, our Technology department offers robotic lessons.
- Promoting more and better jobs.
The School offers a qualified dual vocational training. We are the only School in Andalusia that offers this modality in “Electro-mechanic of motor vehicles”.
- Spreading an entrepreneurial attitude among our students.
We are part of the program “Innitia” to promote entrepreneurship among students. In addition, we offer several optional subjects directly connected to entrepreneurship. We also coordinate two Erasmus+ projects related to the same topic.
Akad. Boyan Petkanchin
Secondary Natural Sciences School “Academician Boyan Petkanchin” was founded in 1972. The school is one of the first schools in the country, set up to provide its students specialized secondary education in the subject of Mathematics.
Over the years, evidence of the students’ achievements have been their participation in regional, national and international competitions and Olympiads in Mathematics, Informatics and Information Technologies, Mathematical Linguistics, English Language, Physics and Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, History, Sports.
This school year 2017/2018 SNSS “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin” has 725 students attending the school at the age of 13 to 19 years. Until now SNSS “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin”, Haskovo has prepared over 4,700 young people who have continued their academic studies at universities in Bulgaria, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, the UK and the USA.
In January 2015, a project, including transformation and modernization of the school equipment, was implemented. It was granted by the Foundation America for Bulgaria that provided modern computers, laboratory and presentation equipment, smart boards, software products and modern training aids and materials. This implies new teaching methods as the students are actively included in the teaching process, on one hand, and on the other it is a big challenge for the teachers to prepare digital lessons and provide interactive education in class.
One of the main objectives of the school development strategy is connected with the continuous development of the teachers in the quickly changeable contemporary world, acquiring knowledge and experience to use new technologies in order to achieve high quality in education.
SNSS “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin” provides a variety of extracurricular activities for students, most of them financed by EU structural funds, in the field of Mathematics, Informatics and technologies, Sports, Arts, Foreign Languages, Ecology and Science.
SNSS “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin” has participated in Comenius projects since 2005 with partners from different European countries.
– 2005 – 2007 “European standards for young people insertion on the labor market” . Organization’s role in the project – partner. A common project in the field of exploration of economics and work possibilities at regions of partnering organizations – Haskovo –Bulgaria, Iasi – Romania, Bretan – France, Anadola – Turkey, Regio Emilia – Italy and Messina – Italy. Education of young people about finding job opportunities, applying for a job, preparing for interview and so on.
– 2008 – 2010 “Liches and atmospheric pollution” – Organization’s role in the project – partner. A partnership project, which aims at acquiring knowledge about the air quality in various areas of the European continent through a survey of the lichen presence, evaluating the pollution degree through the comparison of the results by standard charts, increasing attractiveness of learning through environmental analysis and thematic excursions, a variety of information sources, collaboration with institutions of interest and widespread use of ICT and foreign languages.
– 2012 – 2014 “Perceiving the world though different dimensions” – Organization’s role in the project – partner. One partnership project, based on multicultural exchange of traditions, history, culture and their transition to every student, teacher, parent from five partnering schools, trough technology, art, crafts and meetings. Partners were form Ankara-Turkey, Panaci – Romania, Viadana – Italy, Omagh – UK and Riga – Latvia.
– 2015 – 2016 “Teacher +”, Erasmus +”, KA1 – Organization’s role in the project – applicant without partners. Short term trainings for teachers and staff, combining language development and methodology, using ICT and drama techniques in the teaching process, conflict mediation and “Erasmus +” projects management.
-2016-2018 “The new teachers for a new school”. KA1 – Organization’s role in the project – applicant without partners. Short term trainings for teachers, combining development of new school digital strategy, ICT, competences- and project-based approach of teaching and learning.
The school has participated in eTwinning projects – “Hello my friends”, “Educational Movies”, “We are WHO”, “In a Foreign Land”, “Ancient Delights”, “Creative Thinking – Lift to Success” – the successful cooperation of the partners in this project was the main reason for the occurrence of the idea of writing this project and to get the opportunity for real face -to-face meetings between the partners.
Lycée Léonard De Vinci
Our lycée was opened in 1993 in Monistrol sur Loire, a small town of about 10, 000 inhabitants. It is an hour- drive from Lyon and Le Puy en Velay.
We are situated by the River Loire.
We have about 1,000 students from the age of 15 till the age of 18.
We have 10 classes of first-year students, 9 classes of second-years, 9 classes of last-years. In each class, there are about 30 students.
The last- years take their final exam in june. It is called the ‘baccalauréat’ or the ‘bac’.
We also have a two-year course of post-bac students who can get a vocational degree in selling techniques.
Our lycée is a boarding school with about 200 boarders.
The school restaurant is equiped with an eco-digester that transforms the food waste into compost within a day.
We get a special eco-friendly label that encourages us to improve and increase our sustainable behaviours. This school-year, we created an eco-club to incite students to find concrete ideas to solve our every-day eco problems.
We have a class specialised in sport.
Apart from the traditional curriculum, the students can study drama, art and media techniques.
The lycée is equiped with a TV studio and a radio studio.
The classical syllabus comprises subjects as French, literature, foreign languages (English, Spanish, German, Italian and Latin), maths, physics, biology, marketing, socio sciences, economy, professional law, engineering sciences, art, PE, philosophy.
We have foreign exchanges with schools in Germany, Sweden and Italy.
We took part in a Comenius project 4 years ago on the topic of ‘water’.
Della Corte Vanvitelli
Our School “IIS Della Corte Vanvitelli” is a Technical Secondary School, located in Cava de’ Tirreni in the south-west of Italy, in the region Campania. The town is a very nice place, rich in history and traditions. It has been named “Town of Folkore“ for its many cultural and historical events. Its economy is principally based on commerce and tourism. It is very close to the Amalfi Coast and Salerno. Students come from the surrounding area Agro-nocerino Sarnese which is an area at high rate of unemployment and risk of youth crime.
Our Educational courses are: CAT (Construction, Environment and Territory), Finance and Marketing, Tourism, Graphics and Electronics and Electrical Engineering (Biomedical). Pupils study Italian, Foreign Languages, History, Science, Chemistry, Physics, Informatics; furthermore, since the third year , according to the different courses, they study technical subjects such as Graphics, Economy, Law and Technical Drawing , Management, Geopedology , Building technology, Topography.
We prepare young people in the spirit of democratic citizenship,
we respect the equality of chances in their preparation in order to be citizens of a United Europe. Our school promotes
cultural and artistic values and it is involved in national and European projects. Our aim is improving the quality of school intercultural, entrepreneurial , environmental education furthermore we pay attention to prevent violence and drugs through moral , health and legal education.
We promote projects aimed at giving students the opportunity of job experiences at local and international levels. Some of our most important long-term projects (three years) our School branches offer are:
“Digital Paints Project” for Graphics and Communication department.
It aims at enriching the disciplinary training offer that do not always find adequate spaces within curricula.
The objectives can be summarized in the following points:
- to strengthen students’ competence and awareness in the management of digital languages and tools, including analogue ones, in order to provide a strong contribution to school performance and, subsequently, to post-school and / or work
- to develop of base and transversal citizenship skills
- to master technical and professional skills
“Simulation management of a company project” for Finance and Marketing department.
The objectives of this project are to develop the concrete meaning of the most recurring business groups that range from the company registration in the business register (unique communication) to managing relationships with public entities (Income, Inps, Inail Agencies), relationship management with banking and non-bank intermediaries, relationship management with professionals, managing relationship with suppliers and customers, design and implementation of business and marketing strategies, and setting up a business budget.
“Territory ,Raw material of Tourism project” for Tourism Department
The purpose of the project is to give students in the field of tourist reception, practical experiences of presenting the socio-cultural, artistic and landscaping aspects of their territory.
At the end of the course, students will acquire spendable skills in the fields of:
- tourist information
- tourism marketing and reception and accompaniment services
“Testing and verification of building materials project” for Costruction Environment and Territory department.
At the end of the course students will acquire spendable skills as professional figures in different areas that regard the choice of construction materials the application of different evaluation methods and the use of testing equipments.
“ Demolition (Elimination)of Architecural barriers in Ravello project” for a class in the Costruction Environment and Territory department.
The project is to be carried out in partnership with the Ravello City Council, the Ravello Foundation . The aims are:
The Elimination of architectural barriers in Ravello for a universal design.
Knowledge in a specific technical area, improving technical knowledge, operational skills, profile-specific methodologies, the professional area, integrating theory and practice into a specific technical and professional context.
Important International past projects are:
PON projects – Work experience in local Companies Such as “Ok Pubblicità” for students attending the Graphic studies
or by “LA Sped Tirreno” for students who follow Construction studies.
Our School has received various grants in Multilateral Comenius projects :
“Water in Europe”,
“Food and Health”
In addition it has received grants for preparatory visits and study visit as
individual mobilities. Our latest approved Erasmus + KA1 “SMART EUROPEAN PASS” will give twenty teachers and administrative officers, training Courses and jobshadowing activity abroad in the school year 2017-18. The school has been registered in eTwinning and is going to receive the certification of ETWINNING School as teachers working in this school have received various certificates of National Quality. At a local level our school has organized some internship for students with private and public companies and offices.
“IIS Della Corte Vanvitelli” has been selected in our region to be one of the best school centers for the diffusion of the new programme Erasmus plus in the years 2013-14 and 2014-15 according to an agreement with The
Convitto Nazionale in Naples and other schools located in Campania Region and for the sharing of the best practices in applying for
the actions offered by the programme.
We share Erasmus plus VET KA1 “TURIART” “Training opportunities for young graduated in Art and Tourism” Work experience for students after diploma (4 months) with the Comune di Vietri Sul Mare.
We have shared ERASMUS+ KA1 of HTL School –with Hallein Austria „Internship Abroad – Mehr als nur ein Praktikum“.
We have hosted Austrian students for their work experience in our town.
We share the project ERASMUS PLUS KA1 VET Learners GLOCAL- (Grant for Learning Opportunities in European Countries
aimed at promoting Local Development) with Glocal srl.
The aim of the project is to create opportunities of work
experience for students after they get their diploma so that they can can work in a wide range of different areas.
After school, leaving students are granted admission to any Italian University Department.