Erasmus + is the EU’s programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, gain experience, and volunteer abroad.
The aim of Erasmus + is to contribute to the Europe 2020 strategy for growth, jobs, social equity and inclusion, as well as the aims of ET2020, the EU’s strategic framework for education and training.
Specific issues tackled by the programme include:
- Reducing unemployment, especially among young people
- Promoting adult learning, especially for new skills and skills required by the labour market.
- Encouraging young people to take part in European democracy
- Supporting innovation, cooperation and reform
- Reducing early school leaving
- Promoting cooperation and mobility with the EU’s partner countries
Erasmus + Key Action 2:
Cooperation for Innovation and Exchange of Good Practices.
An Erasmus + Key Action 2 is all about enabling organisations to work together in order to improve their provision for learners and share innovative practices. Under Key Action 2, organisations can apply for funding to work in partnership with organisations from other participating countries.
Strategic partnerships aim to support the development, transfer and/or implementation of innovative practices at organisational, local, regional, national or European levels. Key action 2 aims to increase the positive impact of European activities at all levels to ensure benefits for the individuals, organisations and countries involved in projects. International relations with key stakeholders will help to share new approaches and improve education and training across Europe.
Strategic partnerships for schools only focus on activities designed to improve school education provision across the participating countries.
Activities within this Erasmus Key Action could include:
- Exchange experiences and good practice, carry out peer learning activities and workshops;
- Carry out joint research, surveys, studies and analyses;
- Facilitate recognition and certification of skills and competences at national level by referencing them to European and national Qualification Frameworks and using EU validation instruments.
Our Erasmus+ project: EMSL
Entrepreneurial Mindset for Successful Life
- “Entrepreneurial Mindset for Successful Life” (EMSL) is a two-year Erasmus + project in which four different European Schools are working together to reduce youth unemployment.
The most relevant objectives in this project are the following:
- Fostering entrepreneurship and proactive labour behaviour among young people, schools and local businesses and institutions.
- Strategic exchange of good practices in education on EU-level.
- Establishing an “Open virtual space” for education, collaboration, teamwork and new opportunities for inclusion of young people as active participants in the European economic life.
Four schools work in EMSL Erasmus+ project. These schools are:
- IES “Playamar”. Torremolinos. Spain.
- Lycée “Léonard De Vinci”. Monistrol Sur Loire. France.
- SNSS “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin”. Haskovo. Bulgaria.
- IIS “Della Corte Vanvitelli”
“The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.”